- 2012 GRAHAM BECK (ROBERTSON) BRUT ZEROa work of time; 6 years on the lees before degorgement & zero dosage (sugar not added). clean, bright, bone dry. mineral with hints of apple, citrus & brioche -chardonnay driven with 13% pinot noir, infinitely moreish
- N.V. AMBELOUI (HOUT BAY) ROSANNE BRUT ROSÉ MCCa pioneer from the garagiste handcrafted movement, an exceptional and rare offering. all berries with a touch of toastiness and lingering dry finish
- N.V. STEENBERG (CONSTANTIA) SAUVIGNON BLANC BUBBLYmade in MCC tradition, but taken off the lees early to retain freshness & zing, so not an MCC by classification – a perfect summer beverage to start off your breakfast or lunch
- N.V. GRAHAM BECK (ROBERTSON) MCCbubbles for two? a dependable SA favourite, fine bead, lime zest with delicate yeast and creamy mousse
- 2020 EUBES (WESKUS)there’s something undefinably different about sauvignons from our west coast, there’s almost a savouriness, a curious, exciting “mengelmoes” of green asparagus style in the background with bright white peachiness to the fore
- 2019 CHAMONIX (FRANSCHHOEK) SAUVIGNONthis is the kind of sauvignon that got the craze going a decade ago, almost retro in it’s classic fig leaf and grapefruit nose, full round mouthfeel and racy acidity in the balance, a regular 90 points plus in decanter magazine
- 2021 NEWSTEAD (PLETT)local lekkerness, warm tropical nose, touches of pineapple and nectarine zing… summer freshness
- 2017 JORDAN (STELLENBOSCH) OUTLIER SAUVIGNON BLANC (FUMÉ)extreme cream with sun-kissed tropical fruit in delicate oak embrace
- 2017 THELEMA (STELLENBOSCH) RIESLINGunctuous, velvety liquid gold in a glass. a perfect companion for spicier dishes, cheeses and strangely, dark chocolate a beautiful example and fitting too for the slightly sweeter palate
- 2020 ANURA (KLAPMUTS) CHARDONNAY (85% UNWOODED)fresh, sun warmed lime skins, apricot plumpness…yes, yes unwooded we know! but try this delight, the tiny 15% 2nd and 3rd fill barrel oaking, lends only a delicate spiced tea cake to the finish – adding interest, not carpentry
- 2019 BOUCHARD FINLAYSON (HEMEL & AARDE) CROCODILE’S LAIRafter our team’s recent visit to the region, this is a standout vintage of a long established great. careful supportive wooding that cradles mouth-filling fruit. will be an exquisite companion for our summer duck dish
- 2019 MILES MOSSOP ( STELLIES) THE INTRODUCTION CHENIN BLANCa seamless expression of Chenin, masterfully weaving the best of Stellenbosch and Swartland into a silky white peach and toasted almond glass of deliciocity.(Inge’s lockdown lifesaver)
- 2017 RIJKS PRIVATE CELLAR (TULBAGH) CHENIN BLANC (WOODED)a pleaser for the cheninistas. concentrated sun-warmed nectarine skins, moreish & buttersotchy richness, alive & zingy
- 2016 ORG DE RAC (SWARTLAND) DIE WAGHUIS (VERDELHO, ROUSSANNE, CHENIN)this wine is somewhat of a magician – plays on being super huge and viscous whilst being elegant, layered and subtle at the same time – oh and it’s organic & vegan! swartland alchemy at it’s best
- 2020 CREATION (HEMEL EN AARDE) VIOGNIER/ROUSSANNEon a recent hemel en aarde trip this mama caught our attention and had us drooling imagining our bobotie spring rolls! complex and luxurious from nose to finish and utterly moreish
- 2017 KEERMONT TERRASSE (STELLENBOSCH) MULTI BLOCK BLEND94 points tim atkin, chenin driven with chardonnay, bright splashes of sauvignon blanc and viognier. wild yeast, barrel fermented and unfiltered… this natural beauty has wonderful balance, still refreshing whilst being a big wine, enjoy with our new duck & cassoulet dish
- 2020 ASHBOURNE (SWARTLAND) CINSAULTexclusive to île de païn on the garden route – super swartland sexiness, ripe plum skins in summer and juicy tart fruit- only 400 bottles made by hamilton russell – gotta have it with our green bowl!
- 2020 PETER FALKE (STELLENBOSCH) CABERNET SAUVIGNONthis little sexy socks fox is a slightly bigger more fruit driven rose, gorgeous strawberry skin nose, the perfect partner for our classic idp toasted ham & cheese sarmie or even a glass for “sommer so”
- 2017 CHAMONIX (FRANSCHHOEK) FELDSPARticks all the right boxes for serious pinot noir without the hefty price tag. wild berries, sour cherries, a hint of spice & tender violet perfume
- 2017 MIGLIARINA (WELLINGTON)a truly exciting food wine, juicy fruit, grenache treated in the cellar like german pinot noir… makes for a purrrfect red served chilled or room temperature. stunning with duck confit!
- 2018 RAATS DOLOMITE CABERNET FRANCan approachable offering from the king of cab franc, herbaceous with full blown cherry fruit, with hints of rain on wet stone… a definite must for those seeking a bigger wine with lunch.
- 2020 RAINBOW’S END (STELLENBOSCH) MYSTICAL CORNERlovely, luxurious mouthfeel, nicely knit tennins… a mystery that such quality can be produced for such value! made for in-the-moment and undoubtedly a match for our Migo’s short rib
- DELAIRE GRAFF (STELLENBOSCH) BANHOEK CHARDONNAY GRAPPAa fine smooth grappa – exclusive to ile depain on the garden route – a rare hand crafted gem, by maestro georgio dalla cia
- BLOODY MARKUS (OR MARY)a remake of the classic, with house made chili oil…’coz he would never use anything less!
- BLUEBERRY HILLultimate summer sippin! classic knysna gin, fresh blueberries, fitch & leeds rose cucumber tonic
- APEROL SPRITZour favorite italian retro cocktail this summer- utterly refreshing and the most gorgeous îdp orange
- G&Tknysna gin distillery’s classic pot still num num berry infused gin with fitch and leeds tonic floated with knysna gin distillery artisanal vermouth
- CAMPARI SODAan italian summer classic, 50ml campari with orange slice and soda to taste
- MIMOSAbreakfast cocktail of champions, steenberg brut and fresh orange served in a champagne flute
- DELAIRE GRAFF (STELLENBOSCH) BANGHOEK CHARDONNAY GRAPPAa fine smooth grappa – exclusive to île de païn on the garden route – a rare hand crafted gem, by maestro georgio dalla cia
- DEVIL’S PEAK ZERO TO HERO ALErefreshing litchi vibe
- REDBRIDGE 0% ALEthis local lockdown creation is possibly the most convincing 0 alcohol beer ever crafted
- O% BUCHU G&Ta super refreshing ‘chillin’ drink with mint